September 24, 2015
Call for Submissions for 2015 Holiday Catalog
The Orcas Island Community Foundation (OICF) is issuing a call for submissions for our online 2015 Holiday Catalog. Our goal is to partner with organizations to offer donors an opportunity to contribute to Orcas programs. Apply now to be considered for the third year of the online Holiday Catalog for 2015. The grants subcommittee will read all submissions and select compelling asks that demonstrate a clear understanding of the need and use for the funds; not all submissions will appear in the catalog.
What to Submit
- Short Description: less than 65 characters (not words), the title of your catalog submission
- Long Description: less than 400 characters (not words), very brief description of your submission
- Amount: total amount to be funded
- Photo: image must be .jpg or .png format and at least 300 pixels; it will be cropped square when you submit, or rejected if not .jpg or .png or too small.
- Organization Website Link: the url of your organization, starting with http://
- Contact Name: the person OICF will contact for questions and promotional info
- Contact Email: email of the person for questions and promotional info
- Contact Phone: phone of the person for questions and promotional info
- PDF Document: attach a pdf document with a short statement about why this request is important and how it will impact our community. Also describe how your organization will help promote your catalog entry (i.e email your constituents, advertise in your newsletter, post on FaceBook, board members help spread the word, etc.)
To begin go to https://oicferp.smalldognet.com/erp/donate/list/request
and select your nonprofit name. If your organization’s name is not on the list, contact OICF at 376-6423 or email@example.com.
5 pm Friday, October 16, 2015
Selection for the 2015 Holiday Catalog
All nonprofits serving Orcas are invited to apply. OICF Grants subcommittee will read all submissions and work with organizations to refine and develop their story and “pitch.” The committee will select compelling asks that demonstrate a clear understanding of the need and use for the funds. The committee will also try to represent a broad range of organizations in the catalog. Our hope is to grow this model in our community so it can be successful for more organizations for many years. As a result, not all submissions will appear in this year’s catalog
OICF is proud to offer an online platform for local charities and a great way for gift givers to give an environmentally-friendly charitable gift to friends and family for the holidays. The Catalog will be available online from Thanksgiving through the New Year.
Please call OICF with any questions: 360-376-6423.