The Medical Teams International (MTI) International dental van will return to Orcas to serve those in need on the following dates in 2021:
- April 14-17
- May 10-13
- September 22-25
- November 3-6
Services include oral health exams, X-rays, fillings, and tooth extractions. To access dental van services, call the San Juan County Health Department, 360-378-4474, or the Orcas Community Resource Center 360-376-3184, or Senior Center 360-376-2677 to get more information. Applications are available in English and in Spanish.
In 2012, the MTI dental van served more than 700 patients who would have otherwise gone without dental care. This was possible thanks to the remarkable contributions of so many:
- the Island dentists and assistants who contribute their skills
- the volunteers who schedule, greet, and monitor the patients
- the generous community members who provide lunches and housing
- Medical Teams International and their amazing van
- the Community Church for the gracious use of their facility and
- the donors who supply the funding to make it all possible
Donations are always welcome to keep this service current.
Previous applicants will need to re-apply. If you have questions contact Kristen Rezabek, San Juan County HCS at email@example.com or call 360-370-7518.