The San Juan County Health and Community Services has partnered with Medical Teams International (MTI) and the Orcas Island Community Foundation to bring the Mobile Dental Van to Orcas.
The Mobile Dental Van serves people on Medicare, or who do not have dental insurance, and cannot afford dental care. The following dates are for 2023:
Services include oral health exams, X-rays, fillings and tooth extractions. To access dental van services, call the San Juan County Health Department, 360-378-4474, or the Orcas Community Resource Center 360-376-3184 or the Senior Center 360-376-2677 to get more information. Applications are available in English and versión en español.
Want to become a volunteer?
This program could not be possible without the support of volunteers. If you are interested in helping with checking in patients (no dental experience needed) please fill out the Dental Van Volunteer Application.
In 2012, the MTI dental van served more than 700 patients who would have otherwise gone without dental care. This was possible thanks to the remarkable contributions of so many:
- Island dentists and assistants who contribute their skills
- Volunteers who schedule, greet and monitor the patients
- Generous community members who provide lunches & housing
- Medical Teams International and their amazing van
- Community Church for the gracious use of their facility
- Donors who supply the funding to make it all possible
Previous applicants will need to re-apply. If you have questions call, San Juan County Health and Community Services at 360-370-7518.