Check out the 25 grant proposals vetted and approved by Committee at www.giveorcas.org and become a Partner in Philanthropy. Catalog open May 1 -19, 2017.
Game days include:
- May 5: Golden Ticket day #1: $750 added to one donation made between May 1-4. Winner: Washington Vocational Services Dream Builders program!
- May 10: Golden Ticket day #2: $750 added to one donation made between May 5-9. Winner: Orcas Island High School Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) machine!
- May 12: Nonprofit with the most Unique Donors in one day receives $1000 bonus (What is a Unique Donor? you say…click and watch the video to learn more). $500 to the runner up. Winner: Orcas Senior Center; Runner up: Early Childhood Education.
- May 17: Nonprofit with the most money raised in one day receives $1000 bonus. Winner: Orcas Community Resource Center.
Upcoming Nonprofit Workshops and Webinars
As part of our ‘Capacity Building‘ efforts OICF has three upcoming workshops/webinars for you to participate, including an all-day event with Susan Howlett on Fundraising. Please review the information below and share with your boards. Registration is required as space is limited! To register go to: https://oicf.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list/ticket
- May 31, 2017: WEBINAR 11:30 – 1:30 on Getting the Most Out of Your Board at the Eastsound Firehall (free)
- June 7, 2017: Workshop with Susan Howlett, 8:30 am – 4 pm at the Emmanuel Parish Hall ($20 per person, includes lunch)
- June 8, 2017: WEBINAR 11:45 – 1:45 on Finance Unlocked at the Public Library (free)
For full details of the workshops and webinars read our April 2017 eNews or call OICF at 376-6423.
Sign up for OICF’s eNews here.
Read recent newsletters online:
OICF Ranked #1 in the nation for Gifts per Capita
OICF continues to flourish, thanks to your amazing support. Funds under management have grown, as have the amounts of grants and distributions that flow through OICF. This remarkable increase has been recognized nationally as Orcas ranked #1 in the nation for gifts per capita and 21st as most active grantmaker, according to the cf Insights “Benchmarking Beyond Asset Size.” That adds up to a healthy flow of philanthropic dollars through the Foundation to support all of the vital programs that keep Orcas vibrant.
click to open
GiveOrcas Distributes $202,749
Thank you to all who contributed to the 2016 GiveOrcas Campaign! With your help, we raised $202,749, funding 92% of the approved grant requests! Read the full list of grantees, as well as Youth Grant recipients.
OICF’s 2015 total grant distributions is $1,853,000.
Orcas Island Public Library now has access to Grant Station and Foundation Directory –
available to all Orcas nonprofits who wish to search for potential funding sources for their programs or projects as well as resources to mentor these organizations through the grant seeking process. Stop by and talk to the front desk librarian for login information.
View OICF’s 2015 Annual Report online.
Dental Van Returns to Orcas…learn more.
Orcas Island Community Foundation (OICF) fosters philanthropy to enhance and preserve the quality of life on Orcas Island. Since 1995 OICF has:
- Granted $2,022,825 through our Annual Grants Program to 70+ Island organizations
- Managed funds currently worth over $11,000,000 in Community Endowment, Organization Endowment, and Designated funds
- Assisted more than 660 donors in fulfilling their charitable giving objectives
- Facilitated over $2,600,000 in grants and gifts from other funds under management