The Orcas Economic Recovery and Resiliency project continues. This Fall and Winter, we will move into a new phase of the effort, focused on the key areas identified during this past summer’s conversations. Those areas are outlined in the progress report. Thank you to Lisa Fossen and John Vechey for the good work formatting and to Haley Cruz Winchell and Griselda Cruz Gonzalez for the translation en Espanol.
Over the next month, workgroups will gather to set goals and develop a plan to prioritize ideas and move these bullet points into reality. If there is an area of interest to you, I encourage you to join in the effort by emailing the contact(s) listed below.
- Inclusion and Anti-Racism: Kevin Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Berto Gandara (email@example.com) and Maddie Olsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Diversify Local Economy and Increase Autonomy: Kevin Ranker (email@example.com) and Jared Lovejoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Homes for All: Lisa Byers (email@example.com) and Cory Harrington (firstname.lastname@example.org)– (First meeting–Monday, Nov. 23rd from noon to 1 p.m. Contact Lisa or Cory for zoom link)
- Health and Well-Being: Holly Southern (email@example.com) and Erin O’Dell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Support for Children and Families: Brian Moss (email@example.com) and Haley Cruz Winchell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Community Care: Holly Southern (email@example.com)
Please share widely both the report and the call for participants for the action committees.
There are a couple of opportunities to help our local economy this weekend. The Orcas Center is hosting a Telethon that promises to be very entertaining on Saturday at 7 PM. And the Artworks is having their annual sale this weekend. It might be a good time to do a little Holiday shopping!
We have had another four confirmed Covid cases this week, including one on Orcas, bringing the case count to 47 in San Juan County. We have the opportunity to stop it here if we take all precautions. I’m in and I hope you are as well.
Thank you for staying engaged and involved.