In 2016 the OICF GiveOrcas Holiday Catalog partnered with Island organizations to raise awareness and funding for programs working to make Orcas stronger. We raised $43,390 for 24 Orcas programs over the three-week campaign. There were 284 donors who made 505 donations. The call for proposals for the 2017 GiveOrcas Holiday Catalog is below. Contact us if you have questions. And, yes, there will be a new Flat Person!
Call for Submissions for 2017 GiveOrcas Holiday Catalog
The Orcas Island Community Foundation (OICF) calls for submissions for our online 2017 GiveOrcas Catalog. Our goal is to partner with organizations to offer donors an opportunity to contribute to Orcas programs. Submit now to be featured in the fifth year of the online GiveOrcas Catalog for 2017.
Again this year there is no requested amount – just a bucket to be filled with donations! OICF will have a “Flat Person” and distribute $3500 in Gamification – we expect that you and your organization will help encourage donors to visit the site and give to your organization. Our hope is that by working together the buckets will be overflowing.
What to Submit
- Short Description: Less than 65 characters (not words), the title of your catalog submission.
- Long Description: Less than 400 characters (not words), very brief description of your submission.
- Amount: Enter NA.
- Photo: Image must be .jpg or .png format and at least 300 pixels; it will be cropped square when you submit, or rejected if not .jpg or .png or too small.
- Organization Website Link: The url of your organization, starting with http://
- Contact Name: The person OICF will contact for questions and promotional info.
- Contact Email: Email of the person for questions and promotional info.
- Contact Phone: Phone of the person for questions and promotional info.
- PDF: None required.
To begin go to https://oicf.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list/request and select your nonprofit name. If your organization’s name is not on the list, contact OICF at 360-376-6423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 p.m. Friday, November 17, 2017
Selection for the 2017 GiveOrcas Catalog
All nonprofits serving Orcas are invited to participate. All submitters are strongly encouraged to bring draft submissions to an Editing Workshop: November 8, 4–5:30 at the Parish Hall to refine and develop their story and ‘pitch.’ Questions about this year’s GiveOrcas campaign and games will be addressed at this meeting. All participating nonprofits are strongly encouraged to attend.
The Catalog will be available online from December 1–21, 2017. Please contact OICF with any questions.