OICF partners with Island organizations to raise awareness and funding for programs working to make Orcas stronger. Through the GiveOrcas Holiday Catalog last year we raised $100,735 for 21 Orcas programs over the three-week campaign. There were 418 donors who made 958 donations. The call for proposals for the 2021 GiveOrcas Holiday Catalog is below. Contact us if you have any questions. And, yes, there will be a new Flat Person!
- Applicants should request a specific amount when applying for the GiveOrcas Catalog.
- All applications will be reviewed by the OICF Grants Committee; a member of this group will contact you by phone/zoom shortly after November 4th.
- OICF will have a “Flat Person” and distribute Game prizes (more on Games to come), however, we expect that you and your organization will actively encourage donors to visit the site and give to your organization. Our hope is that by working together we will get everyone over the finish line.
- Request limit: $15,000.
- If your organization requested funds in the last 3-5 catalogs? If so, consider taking a break and allow other organizations to participate.
- Is your request appealing to your donor base? OICF provides the platform but no additional funding. Success is based on you and your organization/team to fundraise for these efforts.
- Please do not request additional funding for a project that has been partially funded in a previous Catalog. Repeated requests tend not to attract new donors in this process.
Please get in touch if you have questions or need more information.