National Philanthropic Sites: These are important links to national organizations concerned with gran-tmaking and nonprofits.
- Council on Foundations
- The Foundation Center
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations
- National Center for Nonprofit Boards
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Data Points regarding Orcas Island and San Juan County:
- A Vision for Eastsound: http://www.orcaslibrary.org/docs/vision4eastsound.pdf
- San Juan County ranked healthiest county in Washington. Read the data:
- Prosperity Project of 2015: Experiences of Poverty in Whatcom, Island, and San Juan County. The 2015 Prosperity Project is a continuation of the 2006 Prosperity Project that was convened by the Whatcom Coalition for Healthy Communities. The goal of that effort was to gain a detailed and broad understanding of the experiences of people living in poverty.
- 2010 San Juan Prosperity Project report.pdf: needs assessment for low-income families in San Juan County that involved a survey of 150 low-income households who were encountered at social and health service provider programs in late 2010 and early 2011.
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps: an interactive map with data about health factors and health outcomes. San Juan County has ranked first in Washington State the last three years.
Volunteer Orcas Facebook group: sign into your Facebook account and visit this group to offer services or find opportunities:
Salary & Benefit Surveys: Surveys conducted by OICF using SurveyMonkey to collect data about salaries and benefits offered by nonprofits on Orcas, Lopez, and SJI: