Orcas Island Community Foundation’s primary goal is to improve the quality of life on Orcas Island. To accomplish this goal, OICF distributes grants from The Community Endowment Fund on an annual basis. The grants are supplemented with funds from our “Partners in Philanthropy” during our GiveOrcas campaigns.
2020 Annual Grant Recipients – COVID-19 edition
- Kaleidoscope Preschool: $16,000 to support Kaleidoscope’s mission during this difficult time
- OPAL Community Land Trust: $25,000 for funding for Islanders unable to pay their mortgage or rent
- Orcas Animal Protection Society: $10,000 to help us place animals in homes when their people are unavailable
- Orcas Center: $15,000 – not just a center for the arts
- Orcas Community Resource Center: $25,000 to connect Islanders in crisis with needed services
- Orcas Island Children’s House: $9,600 for continued learning and home-enrichment for young children
- Orcas Island Education Foundation: $12,500 for school lunches and art
- Orcas Island Food Bank: $25,000 to meet increased demand due to job losses
- Orcas Island School District 137: $25,000 for social and emotional support for Orcas students
- Orcas Montessori School: $11,000 to support Orcas Montessori in this time of uncertainty
- Orcas Senior Center: $25,000 for meals & transportation for seniors and disabled Orcas Islanders
- SAFE San Juans: $25,000 for domestic violence & sexual abuse victim support and prevention
- Salmonberry School and Learning Center: $5,000 to keep Salmonberry’s virtual doors open
Since the introduction of the grant-making program in 1998, OICF has awarded $2,434,800 to over 70 island nonprofits. View a comprehensive list of all OICF grant recipients.