A memorial fund in memory of someone can last forever.
Establish a Memorial Fund at the Orcas Island Community Foundation
A fund in honor of someone important to you – family members, colleagues, and friends – will show your respect and carry their passions into the future. Memorial funds can be created to provide scholarships, to make grants to nonprofits, to sustain the work of particular organizations, or support the work of the Community Foundation – all in honor of that special person.
Make a Memorial Gift
Memorial gifts in honor of someone special can be made in the following way:
- Donation to OICF operations or endowment fund.
- Donation to a current designated or endowment fund to benefit an Island organization (see list on our website at: https://oicferp.smalldognet.com/erp/donate)
- Creation of a Named Fund at OICF
- OICF notifies family of donation (without dollar amount)
Open a Named Fund at OICF
Named Funds at OICF honor your special person and allow others to contribute in his/her memory too. Donations can be made online via credit card, or via check, or gift of stock. Fund owners have 24/7 online access to the fund activity and balances. To establish a named fund we ask for:
- A minimum deposit of $5,000 (can be done over a span of 2 years)
- Completed Fund Agreement, which will outline the distribution schedule and recipients.
- Biographic information about the person for whom the fund is named to his/her story remains alive through ongoing distributions from the fund.
For more information on establishing a Memorial Fund or contributing to OICF to honor someone important to you contact Hilary Canty, Director at 360-376-6423, or email@example.com.