Wills, Trusts, and Other Estate Planning Tools: A slide deck from the June 2015 Wills Workshop by Tony McCormick.
Tell Stories with Impact: a great resource thanks to the YMCA of how to craft an Impact Story, complete with example.
Resources from Board Boot Camp (last held March 25, 2014)
- OICF Board Boot Camp slide deck (.pdf)
- What Board Members Need to Know about Not-for-Profit Finance and Accounting (.pdf) by Jacobson Jarvis
- 10 Basic Responsibilities of a Nonprofit Board (.pdf)
- Consensus Decision Making (.pdf)
- For 990: what is it and who needs to file which form? Guidestar FAQs Form 990.
- Sample Documents:
Susan Howlett’s Fundraising Workshop (May 8, 2014)
- Governance & Support – Compasspoint Model (pdf)
- Governance Conversations (pdf)
- Susan’s website www.susanhowlett.com , features videos to share with board members (some on the homepage and some on the Boards on Fire page). You can also subscribe (at the bottom of home page).
Other helpful resources:
- BoardSource: National organization focused exclusively on good governance practices for nonprofit board of directors, chief executives, and funders.
- Blue Avocado: “Practical, provocative, and fun food-for-thought for nonprofits” including Board Cafe (http://www.blueavocado.org/category/topic/board-cafe)
- GuideStar: an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit companies. In 2010, their database contained over 5 million IRS Forms 990 on 1.9 million organizations.
- TechSoup: Technology resource aimed at nonprofit organizations featuring NPO discounts, discussions, articles, and recommendations.