Report to Community: September 10, OddFellows Hall, 4-6:30 pm
The Orcas Island Community Foundation invites you to the 2015 Report to Community on Thursday, September 10 from 4-6:30 pm at OddFellows Hall (112 Haven Road in Eastsound). Please join us to celebrate the amazing way philanthropy makes our community thrive! Tickets are $10/person and include beverages and yummy appetizers. Join us anytime between 4-6:30; there will be a brief program at 5 pm. RSVP and buy your tickets online so you can avoid the line!
View OICF’s 2015 Annual Report online.
Thanks to you this past year has been one of great growth for the Orcas Island Community Foundation. We redoubled our efforts to understand the needs of the community, where the opportunities and challenges are, and developed strategies to ensure Orcas continues to be a vibrant community. Read more.
Dental Van Returns to Orcas
MTI’s Dental Van continues to serve Islanders in need. Just a look at the before and after shots will make you smile. This is all possible thanks to the remarkable contributions of so many:
- the Island dentists and assistants who contribute their skills
- the volunteers who schedule, greet, and monitor the patients
- the generous community members who provide lunches and housing
- Medical Teams International and their amazing van
- the Community Church for the gracious use of their facility and
- the donors who supply the funding to make it all possible
Download an application and return it to the green drop-box outside the Orcas Public Library (application available in word: Dental Van Application or pdf: Dental Van Application). Previous applications need to re-apply for 2015. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dental van dates for 2015 are:
- January 30 and 31
- April 10 and 11
- September 25 and 26
- November 13 and 14
OICF Gains National Recognition
For the second year, OICF ranked in national top 100 lists. We placed #6 in the US for “Gifts per Capita,” and #19 for “Most Active Grantmakers.” CF Insights, a national foundation research organization, surveyed 280 community foundations throughout the US to assess granting and community impact. They tracked ‘Most Active Grant makers,’ ‘Most Gifts per Capita’ and ‘Most Activity.’ View the full CF Insights report for 2014: http://ow.ly/PUPku.
This national ranking is due entirely to the generosity of so many friends and neighbors. OICF has developed an annual grants process and a state of the art online giving platform that connects donors to the many amazing projects and programs that serve the Orcas community.
Sign up for OICF’s eNews here.
Read recent newsletters online:
2015 Annual Grants Surpasses Expectations
OICF’s 2015 Annual Grants program surpassed expectations! $183,880 funded 30 proposals with 122 donors acting as Partners in Philanthropy. Individual contributions ranged from $10 to $48,000. Read the 2015 Annual Grant recipients.
Orcas Island Community Foundation (OICF) fosters philanthropy to enhance and preserve the quality of life on Orcas Island. Since 1995 OICF has:
- Granted $1,307,241 through our Annual Grants Program to 70+ Island organizations
- Managed funds currently worth over $11,000,000 in Community Endowment, Organization Endowment, and Designated funds
- Assisted more than 660 donors in fulfilling their charitable giving objectives
- Facilitated over $2,600,000 in grants and gifts from other funds under management