The dental van program has successfully provided the first two patients with dentures. Just a look at the before and after shots will make you smile and weep. What a transformation. This is all possible thanks to the remarkable contributions of so many:
- the Island dentists and assistants who contribute their skills
- the volunteers who schedule, greet, and monitor the patients
- the generous community members who provide lunches and housing
- Medical Teams International and their amazing van
- the Community Church for the gracious use of their facility and
- the donors who supply the funding to make it all possible
What a fantastic team effort that is truly changing lives. The dental van will return to Orcas on November 7 & 8; contact Hilary Canty (email@example.com/376-6423) if you would like to get involved. Download an application and return it to the drop-box outside the Orcas Public Library if you are in need of dental care: Dental Van Application (word)/ Dental Van Application (pdf).
OICF Gains National Recognition
OICF ranked #5 in the US in gifts per capita based on a nationwide survey. CF Insights, a national foundation research organization, surveyed 280 community foundations throughout the US to assess granting and community impact. They tracked ‘Most Active Grant makers,’ ‘Most Gifts per Capita’ and ‘Most Activity.’ OICF gained the 5th place in the Per Capita category by facilitating gifts at a rate of $509 per resident. Our Foundation ranked #6 in Most Active Grant making, based on a distribution rate 22% of assets. View the CF Insights reports and data online.
This national ranking is due entirely to the generosity of so many friends and neighbors. OICF has developed an annual grants process and a state of the art online giving platform that connects donors to the many amazing projects and programs that serve the Orcas community.
Orcas Island Community Foundation (OICF) fosters philanthropy to enhance and preserve the quality of life on Orcas Island. Since 1995 OICF has:
- Assisted more than 660 donors in fulfilling their charitable giving objectives
- Granted $1,123,362 through our Annual Grants Program to 70+ Island organizations
- Managed funds currently worth over $6,500,000 in Community Endowment, Organization Endowment, and Designated funds
- Facilitated over $2,600,000 in grants and gifts from other funds under management